Secretariat PPIM Student Chapter (email@example.com)
President, EXCO & Members, IMAM-PPIM Student Chapter representatives of each
*OFFICIAL CALL FOR PARTICIPATION : THE 11TH FIMA INTERNATIONAL CAMP FOR
On behalf Secretariat PPIM Student Chapter, we would to extend our
invitation to any interested PPIM Student Chapter members to represent
Malaysian delegation to *THE 11TH FIMA INTERNATIONAL CAMP FOR MEDICAL
For the time being, registration is open for *only 14 participants* from
Malaysian medical students. Thus, we have decided to allocate the quota for
each IMAM-PPIM Student Chapter as follow;
IMAM UK – 2
IMAM EIRE – 2
IMAM Russia – 2
Egypt – 2
Jordan – 2
Indonesia – 2
PPIM Malaysia SC – 2
Any submission of participation can be submitted to Secretariat PPIM Student
Chapter through President of IMAM-PPIM SC of each
The participation fee is *RM 200/person.* The confirmation of attendance and
representative list must be made before *Thursday, 25 June 2009. *The
selected participants will be contacted later for a meeting on *16 July 2009
Apart from 14 allocated places, there might be another spaces open for PPIM
Student Chapter members if the international participation quota is not
fulfilled. We’ll update the members soon after getting confirmation from the
committee. Each chapter may submit *additional name for the waiting list.*
Thank you. Wassalam.
Secretariat PPIM Student Chapter.
*THE 11TH FIMA INTERNATIONAL CAMP*
*FOR MEDICAL STUDENTS***
24th – 31st July 2009 (2 – 9 Shaaban 1430H)
KAMPUNG TOK SENIK RESORT,
PULAU LANGKAWI, MALAYSIA
Islamic Medical Association in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (IMAKSA)/ World
Assembly of Muslim Youth (WAMY)
HOST & COLLABORATORS:
• Federation of Islamic Medical Associations (FIMA)
• Islamic Medical Association, Malaysia (IMAM)
• Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences (CUCMS)
• Kampung Tok Senik Resort, Pulau Langkawi, Malaysia
“Medical Students and Volunteerism”
One of the prominent features of the doctors in FIMA is the spirit of
volunteerism. Her doctors have volunteered in virtually all of the
humanitarian and medical activities in the many disaster zones. This
altruistic spirit of our IMAs and our medical professionals has been
recognized by many international agencies. The latest being the award by the
American College of Physicians in April 2009 to our FIMA SAVE VISION, a
project of FIMA Relief, started in 2004 to address the need for ophthalmic
services in 8 different countries.
It is this spirit of volunteerism, which we hope to infuse among our younger
generation of doctors, allied health professionals and medical students.
Often absorbed in the acquisition of knowledge (cognitive domain); our
students are often found lacking in the affective domain, which is equally
important in the nurturing of a passionate, compassionate and caring health
This International Student Camp in Malaysia presents as another opportunity
to focus on yet another important aspect in the holistic training of a
health care professional i.e. the realm of VOLUNTEERISM.
This would be achieved through a well-designed training module with special
emphasis on the practical aspects of volunteerism. There is wealth of
experience within our institution, which can be shown cased to all our
students at the camp.
The program will be performed in the format of a series of brief talks
followed by group workshops on the same topics over the few days time of the
Complementary programs will be given in form of lectures, discussion
meetings and debates on Islamic and professional issues. Eminent local and
international speakers are invited for participation in the camp activities.
OVERVIEW OF THE CAMP:
• An annual gathering of Muslim medical students from all over the world.
• The students participate in a comprehensive program of educational,
cultural, social, sport, tourist and recreational activities.
• The operations follow closely the scouting camp system.
• The students themselves under supervision by senior doctors primarily run
the administration of the camp and its activities.
• The duration of the camp is full 6 days.
• Registration time Any time from now till Deadline Date.
• Deadline date for Registration 30 June 2009
• Last Date of Arrival to camp site 24 July 2009
• Period of camping 25 – 30 JULY 2009
• Date of departure 31 July 2009
• To foster brotherhood among Muslim students of various Islamic Medical
Associations (IMAs) and countries.
• To enhance mutual understanding and cooperation.
• To exchange information and experiences.
• To provide leadership training and organizational skills.
• To strengthen the involvement of students in IMA activities.
• To promote communication and networking among the student chapters of IMAs
and other countries.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
• Students of Medical and Health Colleges who are affiliated to and/or
nominated by Islamic Medical Associations.
• “Students” can be extended to include first year house officer or newly
• Both males and females may be accepted for participation in this camp.
• “Medical and Health Colleges” could be college of medicine, dentistry,
pharmacy, health sciences or any other health-related college.
• “Islamic Medical Associations” (IMAs) should be active, associate or
pending members of FIMA.
*Dr. Atallah Al-Ruhaily*
*Chairman, FIMA Students Affairs Council (FIMASAC)*
*Supervisor General, 11th FIMA Students Camp.*